THE LATEST POST:
These three-ingredient protein pancakes are the simplest way to eat a healthy, protein-packed breakfast especially if you don’t like the taste of protein powders. These pancakes are gluten-free, sugar-free, contain more than 12.5 grams of protein, all your amino acids, and are under 400 calories. I make these at least twice a week, so it’s worth it to invest in an immersion blender. Kids love them!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Yields 4 extra large pancakes.
Calories per serving: 375-400
- Canola oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 T. almond butter or peanut butter
- Preheat pan to medium setting. Allow pan to get good and hot before cooking your pancake.
- Combine eggs, banana, and nut butter with an immersion blender until frothy. Batter will be thin.
- Turn heat down to medium/low (I use setting 4.5) and spray pan lightly with canola oil spray.
- Pour batter in the center of your pan forming a large pancake. Cover pan for a minute or until the edges all around your your pancake have set. Spray the top of your pancake very lightly with canola oil spray before flipping.
- Flip pancake and cook on the other side, uncovered for approximately another minute.
- Repeat, Keeping cooked pancakes warm while you finish cooking the others.
- Serve hot with powdered sugar, or syrup, if desired.
A big thank-you to my friend, Rachel for sharing this recipe with me.