Declare independence from unhealthy food this Fourth of July.
Don’t forget that this holiday is the scariest day of the year for your animals. Great advice found here from Victoria Stilwell.
7 IDEAS FOR HEALTHIER FOURTH OF JULY:
- Instead of burgers, try a kitchen clambake (from Ina Garten):
- Not into the entire clambake thing? Just get yourself some fresh cherrystone clams. Wash well and throw them on a hot grill. They’ll steam in their own seawater and open within a minute or two. Serve from a large stainless steel bowl with fresh lemon. Still not sure? Martha Stewart has a simple video here.
- The best turkey burger recipe EVER is the Mar-A-Lago turkey Burger famously featured on Oprah. Prep well before you want to grill so they chill well and grease your grill rack well so they don’t stick.
- My own famous pinto bean salad:
- Avocado and romaine salad: (from Dash & Bella)
- Grilled veggie torte: (from Proud Italian Cook)
- This coconut berry pie is vegan, gluten-free & paleo-friendly. (from HungryHealthyGirl.com)
“People have only as much liberty as they have the intelligence to want and the courage to take.”
― Emma Goldman