chocolate chip cashew cookie dough bites
Since I’m practicing yoga every day during my teacher training I sometimes need an extra bump in the calorie department. I’ve been getting really hungry mid-afternoon and I want something sweet, but prefer something without a any refined sugar. These no-bake chocolate chip cashew cookie dough bites are just the thing to power me through the rest of the day without any guilt; well, as long as I keep it to 2 or 3! I make a triple batch and keep them in the freezer proportioned 3 to a bag for a quick snack.
These cashew cookie dough bites are vegan, gluten-free, raw, and sugar-free and are sweetened with only maple syrup. They’ve got lots of fiber from the oats, and are packed with protein from the cashews and vegan protein powder. I use and recommend Perfect Fit protein power because it has no added junk and is vegan. You’ll need a food processor and a high-powered blender (I use a counter-height Vitamix) to make these cookie dough bites. While you’re getting these out, you should totally make a double batch because they freeze well and one batch is never enough.
- Combine oats and protein powder in the food processor until it resembles coarse flour - 30 seconds or so.
- In high powered blender, blend cashews and half the water. keep adding water until the cashew cream is perfectly smooth and resembles thick cream. Add more water if necessary to achieve consistency.
- Pour cashew cream into a medium sized bowl. Add vanilla and maple syrup and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Add oat mixture to the cashew mixture and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again to combine well.
- use a cookie dough scoop or a spoon, scoop dough. Using wet hands so the dough doesn't stick, roll dough into balls. Makes 16 bites.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered up to 1 week, or freeze for later. After freezing, allow bites to defrost in the counter for 20 minutes before eating.