CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI POWER MUFFINS
These babies are “power muffins” because there is ½ cup of protein powder in there. If you’d prefer to make yours without protein powder, just substitute with more almond or gluten-free flour.
They’re also gluten-free, and have only a small amount of coconut sugar; which has a low glycemic impact on your blood sugar. These power muffins are great to-go for rushed weekday mornings and are equally suited for the 4:00 snack attack, too – delicious with a hot cup of tea.
Do something sweet for yourself today. Hugs, Heather
- Canola baking spray
- ½ C almond flour
- ½ C Cup-For-Cup gluten-free flour (or your favorite brand)
- ½ C Chocolate Perfect Fit Protein (or your favorite brand is fine just check labels to be sure it is free of artificial sweeteners & chemical additives)
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 TBS coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (to activate the baking soda)
- ¼ C plain non-fat greek yogurt
- ¼ C refined coconut oil (warmed if solid to become clear & liquid)
- ¼ C unsweetened almond milk or nonfat dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C grated zucchini (peel it if you don't want the green to show in your muffin)
- ½ C organic semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Lightly spray muffin pan with canola spray and set aside.
- In medium sized bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together except for zucchini & chocolate chips to combine.
- In another medium sized bowl whisk together all wet ingredients to combine well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula to combine.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips to batter, folding in until combined.
- Scoop batter with an ice cream scoop into muffin tin.
- Check for doneness at 25 minutes by inserting a toothpick into muffin. If it comes out free of batter, they are done. They should be golden and crusty on the top. allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Note that if you used coconut sugar the muffins will turn out a golden brown - this is normal!
- Want more? Recipes doubles nicely.
p.s. more desserts here