I get asked all the time,
How can I make weekly meal prep easier?
Of course there are lots of ways to simplify weekly meal prep, but this recipe is tops. You literally line a baking pan with foil, throw in the cherry tomatoes, gulg them with EVOO, seal salt, and black pepper and shake them around. When they’re done sprinkle dried thyme over top while they’re hot and you’re done.
why it’s fabulous
- they’re super sweet roasted
- tomatoes contain all kinds of anti-inflammatory compounds & when roasted with olive oil have been shown to reduce prostate cancer in men
- gluten-free, paleo-friendly, vegetarian/vegan, and gluten-free
- Makes wintertime tomatoes taste like summer.
famous roasted cherry tomatoes recipe
Famous Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Yield 2 pints
- 2 pints organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 dashes dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in the baking pan.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven +/- 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. While the tomatoes are still hot, add two dashes of dried thyme.
- Toss into hot cooked brown rice or pasta or zoodles & add shaved parmesan reggiano.
- Combine with feta cheese and olives for a dip.
- Pairs well with goat cheese on your favorite cracker.
- Add to chopped cucumber, olives, and fresh green pepper & add oregano for a greek salad.
- Use these in your BLT sandwich for a blast of flavor.
- Par bake puff pastry shells; then add a tomato & a shard of parmesano reggiano then finish baking. Serve hot.
- Rough chop and add to your home-baked pizza dough & sauce to intensify the flavor.