Famous Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
My mother tells me that as a child, she would find me in the back garden eating tomatoes right off the vine. In the fourth grade I wrote on my ‘about me’ project that lasagna was my favorite food. Tomatoes and cheese have been the longest love affair of my life, it seems. These roasted cherry tomatoes are a staple in my kitchen, and easy enough and delicious enough to warrant their famous title. Enjoy!
The ‘Famous Recipe’ series is a carefully curated collection of out-of-this-world recipes. The Famous Salmon Recipe was the first, and has been pinned on Pinterest thousands of times! Sign up for the Big Girl Life newsletter HERE so you don’t miss out on more to come.
You need to have this Famous roasted Cherry Tomato Recipe because:
- These roasted cherry tomatoes can be added to sandwiches, salads, pasta, or used as a side for just about any main dish.
- Everyone loves them, even if they don’t care for raw tomato.
- 4 words: incredibly simple to make
- 5 ingredients – 30 minutes in the oven
- Tomatoes contain all kinds of anti-inflammatory compounds & when roasted with olive oil have been shown to reduce prostate cancer in men. So, feed these to the men in your life, too.
- Covers all kinds of healthy eaters: gluten-free, all-natural, Paleo-friendly, vegetarian & vegan.
- Uses dried thyme — no fuss.
- Makes wintertime tomatoes taste like summer.
- 2 pints organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 dashes dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in the baking pan.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven +/- 30 minutes. When they look like this they're ready:
- Remove from the oven. While the tomatoes are still hot, add two dashes of dried thyme.
- Toss into hot cooked pasta & add shaved parmesan.
- Combine with feta cheese and olives.
- Pairs well with goat cheese on your favorite cracker.
- Add to chopped cucumber, olives, and fresh green pepper & add oregano for a greek salad.
- Use these in your BLT sandwich for a blast of flavor.
- Add to puff pastry shells shards of parmesan for an elegant appetizer.
- Mash these up with olives to make a tapenade.