My mother tells me that as a child, she would find me in the back garden eating tomatoes right off the vine. In the fourth grade in my ‘about me’ project I declared that lasagna was my favorite food. Tomatoes and cheese have been the longest love affair of my life, it seems. These roasted cherry tomatoes are a staple in my kitchen, and easy enough and delicious enough to warrant their famous title. Enjoy!
You need to have this Famous roasted Cherry Tomato Recipe because:
- These roasted cherry tomatoes can be added to sandwiches, salads, pasta, or used as a side for just about any main dish.
- Everyone loves them, even if they don’t care for raw tomato.
- 4 words: incredibly simple to make
- 5 ingredients – 30 minutes in the oven
- Tomatoes contain all kinds of anti-inflammatory compounds & when roasted with olive oil have been shown to reduce prostate cancer in men – amazing!
- Gluten-free, paleo-friendly, vegetarian/vegan, and gluten-free.
- Uses dried thyme — no fuss.
- Makes wintertime tomatoes taste like summer.
- 2 pints organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 dashes dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in the baking pan.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven +/- 30 minutes. When they look like this they're ready:
- Remove from the oven. While the tomatoes are still hot, add two dashes of dried thyme.
- Toss into hot cooked pasta & add shaved parmesan reggiano.
- Combine with feta cheese and olives for a dip.
- Pairs well with goat cheese on your favorite cracker.
- Add to chopped cucumber, olives, and fresh green pepper & add oregano for a greek salad.
- Use these in your BLT sandwich for a blast of flavor.
- Par bake puff pastry shells; then add a tomato & a shard of parmesano reggiano then finish baking. Serve hot.
- Rough chop and add to your home-baked pizza dough & sauce to intensify the flavor.
The ‘Famous Recipe’ series is a carefully curated collection of out-of-this-world recipes. The Famous Salmon Recipe was the first, and is the most popular post of all-time. Sign up for the Big Girl Life newsletter HERE so you don’t miss out on more to come.