Hello and welcome! Lots of women land here looking for healthy recipes just like this one. I spend time developing the best recipes to support a healthy lifestyle.
I put the same effort into the focus of this site – the best information about how to get fit, eat healthy, and thrive in midlife.
If that’s something you’re also interested in, I’d like to invite you to join my community to get even more support, useful information like this post, and other tools to thrive. When you join you’ll get instant member-only access to the Guide to Thrive, which gives you 5 research-based tips to get started feeling your best in all parts of your life – fast. It also includes a quick action list with easy links to resources. I think you’re going to love it.
Famous Salmon Recipe
This recipe started the Famous Recipe series due to its popularity in my kitchen and then on Pinterest, where it’s been pinned over
25,000 way more times than I can count. People email me all the time to tell me how much they love it. I’ve refined it recently to cut down the prep time to just 5 minutes.
Here’s why this recipe rocks:
- No pan to clean up.
- It’s a perfect dish to cook for guests.
- It tastes insanely good.
- It tastes better using convenient dried herbs – really!
- It calls for ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- It comes out perfectly every time.
- It’s healthy & gluten-free.
- Even people who believe they hate salmon love this recipe.
- It won First Prize for most shared salmon recipe on social media for 2014 from the Eater’s Choice Awards.
- 2 lb. salmon fillet
- 1&1/2 T. lemon juice
- 3 T. olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried dill
- 3 T. capers (add a little caper juice if you like the taste)
- Light grill or preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place salmon skin-side down in heavy-duty foil with sides turned up and allow it to come to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients, except salmon, in a small bowl.
- Whisk together and then pour over salmon.
- Place foil on medium hot grill and cover with lid for =/- 20 minutes OR place foil on a cookie sheet a roast in a 375º F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Salmon is ready when the edges are caramelized and center is just cooked and fish is light and flakey.
- Skin should remain attached to the foil when salmon is lifted.
Other Famous Recipes to try:
It seems the best things in life come through friends. Thanks to my dear friend Alicia P. for graciously sharing this recipe with me many years ago, this recipe is my adaptation. I still think of her generous spirit, warm hospitality, our friendship every time I make it.
p.s. Connect with me over on Instagram with daily checkins. You can find me @biggirllifeblog & on snapchat @hserody OR just snap this