Hi, Big Girls. How are you? Winter has us in it’s grasp right now. It’s a time of waiting and tucking in and planning and holding tight. I reached out to a dear friend yesterday, and it turns out everything isn’t so great with her. I love that she can tell me that. I love that she doesn’t have to pretend that she or her life or her struggles don’t exist. When she’s vulnerable, I hope she knows how it builds a bridge, opens connections, and causes untold forces to rally to her defense. It’s renewed my resolve to reach out more, and not assume my friends are fine. Thanks, Big Girl, for reminding me how much we need each other.
This weekend I hope you carve out some time to connect, too.
We don’t set out to save the world, we set out to wonder how other people are doing, and the reflect on how our actions affect other people’s hearts. –Pema Chodron
Curated from the web this week:
- Convert your iPad into a mini laptop computer with the Logitech iPad keyboard cover
- Healthier desserts: bake some Paleo girl Scout Cookies: Samoas
- Paper: a cool sketching app for your iPad
- Plan your garden tool from Better Homes and Gardens
- Have you heard Justin Timberlake’s new song Suit & Tie, and the resulting controversy?
- Finish reading Gone Girl: A Novel; then leave a comment for the Big Girl Book Club. New book club pick to be announced later this week.
- Pick your own Oscar winners over at the New york Times.
- Have you seen This is 40? A funny & insightful interview with writer/director Jud Apatow HERE.