SO DELICIOUS IT’S RIDICULOUS
This healthy protein packed smoothie combines the tropical flavors of lime and coconut with the natural sweetness of banana. Adding high-quality protein powder transforms it into a no sugar added, rehydrating (thanks to the coconut water) and totally natural tropical powerhouse smoothie. So often smoothies have way too many flavors going on; but this one tastes simply decadent like a deserted beach in Puerto Rico.
Just close your eyes… and pretend.
Of course, this recipe works just as well for happy hour. To make a real banana coconut frozen rum daiquiri; follow the recipe except omit the protein powder; and add a shot of Myer’s Dark Rum in its place. You’ll need to add a little more ice to the blender.
HEALTHY BANANA COCONUT DAIQUIRI PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Yield 10 oz.
- 1 banana
- juice from one lime
- 1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein powder (vegan & all-natural) or whatever protein powder you prefer
- 2 TBS shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1-1.5 cups coconut water
- 7-8 ice cubes
- grated nutmeg
- In high powered blender, add ice first, then pour over coconut water.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and blend well.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top & garnish with a lime.