Healthy Chocolate Trifle
My neighbor Isabelle does amazing things with her Vitamix Blender. This blender has a motor that’s about as powerful as a lawnmower. It can puree anything. She makes her own cashew cream from raw cashews and layers it with a sugar-free pudding that’s made from avocado & cocoa powder. It’s then layered with coconut and fresh berries to make a trifle that’s to die for!
I asked Isabelle how she makes her Healthy Chocolate Trifle and she was kind enough to share it with me. If you don’t have a Vitamix, you can just make the chocolate pudding part in a regular blender and either omit the cashew cream or purchase it at a health-food store.
- 4 avocados
- 3 T (rounded) natural cocoa powder
- ⅓ C organic raw agave nectar plus 1 tablespoon for the cashew cream
- ground cinnamon
- Organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- Strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- 1 C organic raw cashews
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- To make Cashew Cream: A high-powered mixer such as the Vitamix is required. Combine 1 cup of raw cashews with 1 cup of water, vanilla extract, and agave and blend on high speed until smooth. About 3 minutes. Chill cashew cream 30 minutes.
- To make Chocolate Pudding: In a food processor, puree avocado, cocoa, powder, and agave nectar until smooth. About 3 minutes.
- Assemble trifle: in a cup/bowl, sprinkle coconut flakes and some chopped berries.
- Add desired amount of the pudding on top of the berries.
- Top with a layer of cashew cream sprinkled with cinnamon and more berries if desired.
If you’re coveting a Vitamix like I am, you already know you’ll pay anywhere from $350.00 to $500.00, but Isabelle told me that she got hers at Bed Bath & Beyond and the salesperson allowed her to use their 20% coupon, even though it says the Vitamix cannot be discounted. That’s a $100.00 savings or so. It never hurts to ask.
Do you have a healthy dessert that you make in the blender?