The last thing I want for dinner in summertime is a heavy dinner. This ‘pasta’ salad can be made with your favorite traditional pasta, or pasta substitute. Trader Joe’s brown rice fusilli pasta in the blue bag is delicious.
If you’ve broken up with pasta for good and want to keep things lean, clean, and green then pick yourself up some prepared zoodles – which is spiralized zucchini. Or just invest in a spiralizer and spiralize your own zucchini. If you’re not into it, Whole Foods sells prepared zoodles, and if you don’t want to peel and cook shrimp, then just buy them cooked and frozen. This recipe is nothing if not accommodating to my lazy summer dinner ways. I think you are going to love the way this lemon dill dressing makes your ‘pasta’ sing with the taste of summer.
lemon dill shrimp salad two ways
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 3 lemons (1/4 C)
- ½ C + 1 TBS rough chopped fresh dill, lightly packed
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 4-5 C zucchini noodles or 1 lb. cooked pasta of your choice
- 1 C roasted cherry tomatoes or you can use fresh if you prefer
- 2 lbs. large shrimp
- If using zoodles, spiralize your zucchini then transfer them to a large microwave-safe serving bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until just tender, like cooked pasta.
- (If using pasta, cook and then transfer to large serving bowl
- %for the dressing
- in a blender, combine garlic, lemon juice, ½ C dill, and salt and pepper.
- Add ½ C olive oil in a slow stream while processing until it forms an emulsion. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Add ¾ of the lemon dill dressing to zoodles or pasta and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl toss the shrimp in the remaining dressing to coat.
- Arrange tomatoes and shrimp on top of zoodles or pasta. (Shrimp and tomatoes can be addd while hot or room temperature.)
- Chop remaining 1 tbs of dill and sprinkle over as a garnish.
- Serve immediately.
shop the recipe
Williams-Sonoma Pantry Soup/Pasta Plate, Set of 6 • Williams-Sonoma • $39.95
All-Clad Stainless-Steel Professional Pasta Tongs • All-Clad • $35
Meyer Lemon Serve Bowl • $59.95
Excalibur Spiral Vegetable Slicer • Excalibur • $34.99
*shopping links are affiliate please use them.