When I said goodbye to drinking sugary drinks years ago, I said goodbye to lemonade, too. All that sugar just isn’t worth it! I’d always just have water with lemon or unsweetened iced tea. But then a friend showed me the trick to naturally sweetened lemonade is using an all-natural stevia sweetener that adds no calories and no chemicals. Sweet Leaf brand stevia is the only manufacturer out there who is doing this. They make it by taking the leaves of the stevia plant and extracting their naturally sweet taste with water. No chemicals. No alcohols. No additives. Unfortunately if you read the labels of many other stevia brands available, you’ll find sugar alcohols, and mystery ingredients that aren’t even stevia! Sweet Leaf brand is available at Whole Foods, Vitacost, and Amazon. Use the store locator to find out where to buy Sweet Leaf close to where you live. I use the Sweet Leaf liquid drops to sweeten this lemonade because it instantly mixes into your lemonade. It makes mixing so easy! You’ll be making and enjoying this all summer long.
Stevia-Sweetened Pink Lemonade
- 8-10 lemons (approximately ¾-1 cup of juice)
- Sweet Leaf liquid stevia drops (I like lemon drop flavored but plain is fine, too.)
- A handful of raspberries. (optional)
- Add juice of 8-10 lemons to a pitcher.
- Add filtered water to fill the pitcher & 8-10 droppers of Sweet Leaf lemon-flavored drops.
- Stir. Taste and adjust sweetness to your preference.
- To make your lemonade pink, place a handful of raspberries into a fine mesh strainer and place the strainer over the lemonade pitcher or bowl. Using a spatula, push the raspberries through the strainer. There should just be seeds left in the strainer after you’ve extracted all the raspberry juice. Be sure to scrape the juice from the backside of the strainer, too. Stir.