This resource is for Tone It Up® (TIU) Nutrition Plan members who have already purchased and are using the plan as part of their healthy eating lifestyle. Maybe you are loving your plan but you need a better way to help you streamline and simplify your weekly meal planning & prep so that you can stay consistent, save time, and reach your goals.
If you are looking for my Meal Planning Program that works with any style of eating GO HERE.
How this meal planning system was created
I began using the TIU Nutrition Plan at the beginning of 2014. That year I lost over 17 pounds eating from the Nutrition Program and doing the Tone It Up daily workouts. See my before & after below.
Since that initial success I noticed over time that when I would go off-track, it was because of a lack of meal planning. It always seemed like I’d be in the grocery store starving trying to remember what to pick up in order to cook my favorite meals. I wasn’t organized, and I didn’t have a system in place for meal planning success.
Even if I did manage to flip through some recipes before heading out to shop, It would take way too long. It took too long to try to estimate how much time those recipes would take to prepare. It took too long to figure out extra servings for my family. It took to long to put it all together.
The whole Sunday meal prep process became this big overwhelming thing I had to accomplish and I started to dread it. I knew there had to be an easier way if I could just get organized, so that’s what I did.
I cracked the code of weekly meal plan & prep by figuring out the basic elements. Then I created easy to use printables that make meal planning and prep simpler, less time consuming, and so much easier to follow.
Streamlined Meal Planning requires:
- A prep schedule that tells you what the types of recipes you need to prep and how much.
- A visual layout that shows you exactly what you’re going to eat at every meal to keep you on-track through the week.
- An index of recipes to quickly pull from.
This program meets each one of these needs. It includes 2 worksheets to streamline and simplify your meal planning & preparation PLUS an index of recipes from the TIU Nutrition Guide to make picking out healthy recipes quick and easy so that you get the most from your Nutrition Plan.
- You will meal prep on Sunday & Wednesday evening. Of course, if you prefer to prep everything in one go on Sunday, you can.
- During meal prep, you will make extra and use next-day leftovers in order to minimize cooking.
- This program includes prepping healthy go-to snacks between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner, just like the TIU Nutrition Plan. Keeping yourself from getting too hungry is key to avoid cravings or overeating at a single meal.
- The program also automatically schedules in eating out or using up leftovers for Saturday lunch and dinner. Since meal prep takes time, organization, and dedication, I have found that it’s good to look forward to Saturday as your day to eat out &/or just use up leftovers.
This system takes the guesswork out of meal prep, saves you time, keeps you organized and allows you to achieve your goal of consistently eating healthy, fresh, whole foods for the long term, so you can concentrate on getting in your booty calls and am/pm workouts fueled and happy.
a closer look
1. The Meal Planning Program
An 11-page electronic guide that explains exactly how to use the program and the three printables. It explains how to efficiently schedule your time to minimize your time commitment for meal planning, preparation, and shopping. Includes tips and tricks to help you start meal planning & prepping like a boss.
2. The Meal Planning Worksheet and shopping list (printable #1)
This is your planning assistant. It tells you what the types of recipes you need to choose & and how much to shop and prepare for both meal prep days.
3. TIU Nutrition Plan Index (printable #2)
This is your TIU Nutrition Plan Index of Recipes. They are arranged by meal (m1-m5) and then further sorted so that you can quickly tell if they require cooking or not. When you are planning out your meals for the week, knowing whether or not recipes require cooking is extremely helpful. When I have a short amount of time available to meal prep, I’ll pick out mostly no-cook recipes and then meal prep takes almost no time at all.
The Index covers all of the recipes from the latest TIU Nutrition Plan update from 12/15.
No need to worry about missing out on future updates to the Nutrition Plan Index, because When you purchase the meal planning program you will get free access to Index updates as The Nutrition Plan is updated periodically by Tone It Up.
4. Meal Planner Week At A Glance (printable #3)
This is your visual layout of all the meals you plan to eat for the week. Filling this sheet in gives you a quick visual reminder to keep you on track. At the same time, filling this out harnesses the power of your prefrontal cortex – the advance planning part of your brain – to commit to good choices ahead of time so that you can be successful.
You know that your strength is created during your workouts and revealed with consistent healthy eating habits. This meal planning program leverages the most from your time and your Nutrition Program to finally put all of the pieces of your healthy lifestyle together so that you can reach your goals, feel proud, and thrive.
Imagine what you can accomplish with your health and fitness when you finally have a system in place that works week after week to support you and your goals. Start meal planning like a boss right now.