The kids went back to school on Monday and the first thing I did was get a pedicure and clean out the minivan. Back-to-school time always gets me inspired to clean up and clean out. Up next: my closet. I’m using In Style magazine’s article called Conquer Your Closet (Sept. ’13 p. 359), as my guide and I’ve promised myself to be a ruthless editor – if I haven’t worn it in a year it’s getting tossed!
Do I dare show you the before and after pictures?
I’m enjoying the long days of summer that are left; because somehow after the kids go back to school time gets away from me and before I know it it’s dark at 5:30! It’s a great time of year to watch the sun set in south Florida (7:48 p.m.) or the moon rise out of the Atlantic (9:33 p.m.) Whatever is keeping you busy this weekend I hope it involves some small pleasures of the season.
Have a wonderful weekend!
WEEKEND LINKS FOR 8/23/13
- Inspired? Make your own easy Sunshine Sour Pickles this weekend.
- I can’t make enough of this healthy chocolate granola.
- 30 of the most-popular vegetarian Weight Watchers Recipes.
- This Brooklyn-made chocolate is being called the best in the world & has a cult-like following.
STYLE / SHOP:
- Is Tory Burch just hitting her stride?
- Found: A unique source for independently made gift items. This and this caught my eye.
- Found: storage solution for my hairdryer & flat iron.
- Obsessed with this jacket for Fall.
- A bohemian wedding celebration.
- Oldest living man (at 123 years!) divulges his secret to longevity.
- Strange and beautiful images google street view cameras captured by accident from around the world.
- This 63-year old model shares her beauty routine.
- This artist and author is transforming front yards into edible estates.
- Edible estate #15 posts gorgeous photos here about what they’re doing with their bounty.
- An interview with the edible estate author below: