This post contains affiliate links. Using them to shop is a great way to support this site.
This broccoli is roasted at high heat until crispy on the edges and tender. I love to serve it with a bowl of lemon garlic aioli; which is just a fancy way to describe goosing mayonnaise with lemon juice, zest, and garlic. There's something about broccoli & lemon just goes together nicely. Serve hot straight from the oven.
crispy roasted broccoli with lemon aioli
for the broccoli:
- 1 large head of organic broccoli cut into florets
- 1 Tbs. grass fed butter or ghee melted
- 2 garlic cloves; chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fine Celtic sea salt
- 12-15 turns of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
To make the broccoli:
- Place florets in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pour melted butter over and toss with your hands until broccoli is evenly coated. Add garlic to broccoli and toss together again. Season with salt & pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until tender and edges are just starting to brown to your liking. I like my broccoli well-browned on the edges.
- Serve on a platter with the lemon garlic aioli for dipping.
To make the lemon garlic aioli:
- Smash the garlic cloves and salt together in a mortar and pestle until it forms a paste. If you don't have a mortar and pestle mix it in a flat bottomed bowl flattening it with the back of a spoon until soft.
- Add the salt & garlic mixture to a small bowl along with the remaining ingredients and whisk well until combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust to your preference.