Eating keto does not have to be complicated or involve a lot of cooking, but there are some keto basics recipes that you WILL make on the regular that it helps to have to the right tools and equipment for. Hard-boiled eggs are one of those staples. It turns out that hard boiling eggs in the instant pot is hands-down THE easiest way to cook your eggs without any fuss and they peel BEAUTIFULLY. Investing in an instant pot is a necessity if you eat keto. I use mine on the regular to make:
easy peel instant pot hard boiled eggs
Yield 12 eggs
1 dozen cold free range eggs
1 cup water
1 small pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Place the rack inside the instant pot
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot
- Place 1 dozen cold eggs on the rack
- Set top and lock. Adjust pressure value to 'pressurized' setting.
- Select 'rice' button on preset settings (low pressure 12 minutes cooking time).
- Prepare an ice bath to put the eggs into when they are finished cooking.
- When the instant pot is done cooking, release steam, and set eggs in the ice bath to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from ice bath & peel.
Experiment with shorter cooking times for soft and medium style eggs.
Serving Size 1 egg
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 1 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make a recipe?
I’m thrilled you are making one of my recipes! Would you share a photo of it on Instagram and tag me @ThriveInMidlife so I can see it and connect with you? I can’t wait to see how it turns out! ox - Heather