This page contains affiliate links. Please use them as a way to support this site.
So, you’ve heard about a ketogenic diet and you want to know more? You’re in the exact right place to find all of the resources and information that I’ve created for a keto newbie like yourself. It takes some time and effort to really understand what keto is, what it’s good for, if it’s right for you, and how to get started in a way that helps you have a successful and positive experience.
- Why you can’t lose weight in midlife.
- Paleo, Primal, & Keto – what’s the difference?
- What is the right low carb approach for me?
- How keto works for weight loss and how to get started.
- Why low fat is officially dead & 4 other health myths debunked.
- Read about my experience with keto here.
- Free printable weekly keto planner (download) to help you plan your meals, workouts, and stay on track.
- Post-exercise recovery considerations for those eating keto.
- Recipe Index – I’ve reworked most of my recipes to make them low carb/keto friendly.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, confused, or need some help troubleshooting keto then book a free 20-minute coaching session with me to get your keto questions answered.
Successful Start with Keto
I’ve heard from many people that they tried keto for a day or two and felt so awful that they had to stop. There are tricks to beginning keto that really helps to minimize ‘keto flu’ symptoms and can make your transition fat burning a much more positive experience. Going keto isn’t necessarily easy, but it certainly doesn’t have to be a miserable experience either. It also helps to follow a simple regimen in the beginning that doesn’t overwhelm you with lots of cooking. I’m creating a step by step plan that has your first 10 days laid out for you with minimal cooking involved. If you’re on the list, you’ll get notified as soon as it’s available.
If you can’t wait for my program, then I highly recommend you purchase and read cover to cover The Keto Beginning by holistic nutritionist Leanne Voegel. In it, she explains everything about what to expect and how this Keto lifestyle works. It includes 30 days of meal plans, shopping lists and lots and lots of resources. Her recipes are dairy free and geared toward women and their unique needs while on keto.
Keto Meal Plans
After your initial keto start, you may want to have some additional menus to help you plan and prep your meals ahead of time to keep you successful and on track without having to track your macros, count calories, or test your ketones. If you’re on the list, you’ll get notified as soon as meal plans are available, too.