We grew up on cranberry nut bread for the holidays. People always went crazy over my mother's recipe, so she often made up big batches to give away as hostess gifts and for my grammar school teachers for the holidays. When I finally asked her for the recipe I was surprised that it was just the basic recipe on the back of the Ocean Spray cranberry bag. I figured, how hard can it be to recreate this with keto friendly sweeteners & almond and or coconut flour?
Well, more than 8 recipe tests later, I finally came up with a recipe that tastes just as good, if not better than its carb filled cousin. It forms a nice top crust and doesn't rise as high as the carb-heavy version, and is possibly a bot more crumbly, but it's delicious kids, Really yummy. note that the carb count is low enough that you can actually enjoy sweet cranberry nut bread again!
nutrition comparison, per slice
This recipe: 104 calories, 9 grams fat, 3 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber
Traditional Recipe: 154 calories, 4 grams fat, 3 grams protein, 27 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber
holiday prep tip
- This cranberry nut bread can be made a week or more ahead of time and frozen until ready to use.
- Allow cranberry bread to completely cool before first wrapping with plastic wrap, and then wrapping again with foil before freezing.
- Remove from the freezer and allow the bread to come to room temperature at least two hours before you want to eat it.
keto cranberry nut bread
Yield 16 slices
- 1 cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 3/4 C Swerve no carb confectioners sweetener (to learn more about Serve please go here.)
- 2 & 1/2 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- zest of one orange
- juice of one lemon
- 2 TBS coconut oil (warmed/liquified)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 C fresh cranberries
- 1/2 C (large handful) of whole walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Put cranberries and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 8-10 times, or until roughly chopped. Set aside.
- Mix together almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl or stand mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, & eggs, whisking to combine.
- with the stand mixer on low, add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients mixing until combined. Turn off the machine and add the cranberry walnut mixture mixing with a spatula until combined.
- Spread evenly& lightly in the loaf pan - do not push it down!
- Bake, covered with foil for 20-minutes to prevent the top from turning too brown
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil & turn down the oven to 335ºF & cook an additional 20-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 30 minutes. Run a knife along the edge of the pan before inverting the pan to remove the loaf. Cool completely before wrapping with plastic wrap.
- Makes 16 slices.
Courses holidays, keto breads
Serving Size 1/16 loaf
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.