It really couldn't be simpler to make yummy can't-taste-the-difference low-carb cranberry sauce: you boil fresh cranberries with water & sweetener and some freshly grated orange peel. I like to use Swerve natural low carb confectioners Sweetener in my cranberry sauce recipe since it imparts no usable carbs (the carbs listed on the nutrition label aren't used by the body) and measures cup for just like sugar. If you want to learn more about Swerve, go here.
holiday prep tips:
Cranberry sauce may be made up to 5 days ahead of time and stored, covered in the refrigerator.
keto cranberry sauce
Yield 2 cups
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 C filtered water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1¾ cup Swerve Confectioners no carb sweetener
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest & Juice of one lemon
- Cook the cranberries, Swerve, water & salt in a saucepan over medium/low heat stirring occasionally until the skins burst open, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zests, and cook for about 15 more minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, let cool, and serve chilled.
- Place cranberry sauce in a serving bowl, cover, and chill in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours before serving.
Courses Thanksgiving, sauces
Serving Size 3 TBS
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make a recipe?
I’m thrilled you are making one of my recipes! Would you share a photo of it on Instagram and tag me @ThriveInMidlife so I can see it and connect with you? I can’t wait to see how it turns out! ox - Heather
macro comparison: traditional vs. sugar-free
(per 3 TBS serving)
ocean spray traditional recipe: 95 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams protein, 24 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber
my recipe using Swerve: 19 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber