This is a super simple, no-bake keto friendly dessert that should be part of your regular meal prep routine. Make it with blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries if you prefer those over strawberries, or go ahead and do a pretty mix. If you are eating keto I highly recommend investing in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make making whipped cream something effortless you can do a few times a month. There is nothing like to taste of fresh vanilla whipped cream. I always make mine while I'm cleaning up the dishes from dinner on Monday evenings.
- Buy organic strawberries. If you want to wash them, allow them to completely dry before destemming and quartering them, or your strawberries will be watery.
- Allow the strawberries to sit at room temperature in the simple syrup so that the flavor develops and the juices run.
- Use whipped cream within 5 days – it tastes best fresh.
- Using the vanilla bean powder is optional, but I highly recommend it because it imparts an even better vanilla flavor to the whipped cream, and also gives the whipped cream those lovely dark vanilla bean flecks. you can use vanilla bean powder in your keto vanilla ice cream, too.
- Try tossing some stevia sweetened Lily's chocolate chips over the top. The best price you can find these is from Thrive Market.
keto strawberries & whipped cream
2 - 1 lb. containers of organic strawberries brought to room temperature, destemmed, & quartered = (approximately 5 cups)
1 pint of cold organic heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. + 1-2 TBS. NuNaturals stevia sweetened simple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. vanilla bean powder (optional)
- Pour quartered strawberries into a serving bowl & drizzle with 1-2 TBS. of simple syrup. Mix well with a spoon until evenly coated & they have the desired sweetness. Set aside.
- Pour cold heavy whipping cream into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium-high speed for approximately 2 minutes or until the cream stands up on its own in peaks. (Alternatively, mix with a hand mixer, or if you're feeling really energetic-a whisk.)
- Add 1 tsp of the simple syrup, vanilla extract, & vanilla bean powder to the whipped cream while the machine is running. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and mix again until thoroughly incorporated and the cream stands up in peaks.
- Serve the sliced strawberries with the whipped cream immediately in bowls, or you can layer the strawberries with the cream in clear parfait glasses for a pretty presentation.
- Store the whipped cream & strawberries covered tightly in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Allow the strawberries to come to room temperature before serving.
Recipe yield 4 cups of whipped cream and 5 cups of strawberries. Note: Heavy whipping cream approximately doubles in volume when whipped, so 1 pt. (2 cups) of whipping cream will yield about 4 cups whipped cream.
A serving size equals 1/2 C of strawberries + 1/2 C of whipped cream.
Did you make a recipe?
I’m thrilled you are making one of my recipes! Would you share a photo of it on Instagram and tag me @ThriveInMidlife so I can see it and connect with you? I can’t wait to see how it turns out! ox - Heather
Strawberries and cream mini parfaits: 5 oz. = 299 calories, 15g fat, 1g protein, 41g carbohydrate
my keto strawberries & whipped cream: 1 cup = 230 calories, 22g fat, 2g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber
- Kitchen Aid stand mixer
- pure vanilla extract
- vanilla bean powder
- NuNaturals stevia sweetened simple syrup
- stevia sweetened chocolate syrup
All the products I recommend from Amazon can be found on my Amazon Products List – click here for convenient one-stop shopping. To save 25%-50% off Amazon & retail prices for your keto pantry supplies, I recommend shopping through Thrive Market.