Eating keto does not have to be complicated or involve a lot of cooking. These mortadella hot pockets are the perfect example of an easy to make keto snack. Just get yourself some good quality mortadella and some good quality shredded mozzarella. Mortadella is NOT bologna. It is made from 100% pork meat and contains bits of pure pork fat and usually contains pistachios too. Ask for it to sliced medium thickness so that they hold up when you pan fry them.
Want more simple and unfussy keto meal ideas? I created a cheatsheet with more than 100 intuitive meal keto meal ideas that don’t even need a recipe. It’s a free download in the Community Resource Library when you join the list along with a ton of other useful downloads to make your life simpler & easier.
click here to join & get yours
mortadella hot pockets
Yield 4 hot pockets
8 slices of good quality Italian mortadella
8 oz. (2 cups) whole milk shredded mozzarella
dried rosemary (optional)
- Preheat heavy bottomed pan (I use cast iron) to medium-low heat.
- Add slices of mortadella-as many as can easily fit in the pan without touching.
- Allow mortadella to cook for 1-2 minutes, then mound 1 oz. of mozzarella in the middle of each mortadella slice, and cover with another slice of mortadella.
- When the top slice of mortadella starts to droop and the mozzarella begins to melt, gently press the top layer of mortadella down onto the bottom layer. Sprinkle with dried rosemary.
- Carefully flip over with a spatula.
- The hot pocket is finished when both sides are wrinkled and crisp and the mozzarella is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Alternately; allow the hot pockets to come to room temperature, then freeze tightly covered in the freezer. To eat from frozen, heat 1-2 minutes in the microwave at 70% power, or warm in the oven at 300ºF for 15 minutes.
Serving Size 1 hot pocket
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16 g
Total Carbohydrates 3 g
Protein 14 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
To save 25%-50% off Amazon & retail prices for your keto pantry supplies, I recommend shopping through Thrive Market.