Have you seen these in the specialty food stores? My girlfriend Lisa served these at book club many months back and I fell in love with them. They are a basic in your keto eating plan nd great to have on hand when a carb craving strikes. They also happen to divine with a glass of wine! They possess the crispy crunch of a cracker but without any refined carbs, since these are made from 100% parmesan cheese. There’s no reason to pay $7.99 at Whole Foods for a small 3 oz. container when you can easily made them yourself in about 15 minutes.
Here’s what to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Note: The only ingredient in these simple Parmesan Cheese crisps is “Parmesano Reggiano” cheese, which is the best tasting and best quality parmesan imported from Italy that you can buy. Anything else labeled just ‘parmesan’ is a cheaper and likely American-made impostor, and just doesn’t taste as good as the real thing.
2. Using a box grater, grate the cheese using the small, not the smallest, side.
3. Using a tablespoon or your fingers, grab a bunch of cheese, pressing together lightly to get it to stick together a little, and place it onto the sheet pan in mounds.
4. Press the middles down lightly with your finger, and push any strays back into the mound.
5. Bake for +/- 8 minutes. Ovens vary so watch your crisps carefully toward the end. When they are bubbling and just beginning to darken at the edges and your entire house smells fantastic, they are done. Allow your crisps to cool for 5 minutes before carefully lifting with a spatula; as they break easily.