vegan raspberry walnut muffins
These muffins are so delicious that you’d never know they are also vegan and gluten-free. Sweetened with a little coconut sugar and maple syrup keeps their sugar impact low. Even better. When they bake up, the raspberries get all juicy and gooey leaving pockets of gooey raspberries within. Yes, please. Serve these right from the oven warm with a little butter. I love the taste of Earth Balance vegan butter even more than regular butter. Have you tried it? It’s in most grocery stores these days.
raspberry walnut muffins
Yield 12 muffins
This recipe was inspired by Oh She Glows blueberry banana spelt muffins.
- 3/4 C natural applesauce
- 3/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp. natural apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 C refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 C gluten free flour - I use and prefer Cup for Cup - it's the best
- 6 TBS coconut sugar or natural cane sugar + more for sprinkling tops
- 2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- 6 oz. fresh whole organic raspberries (1 small clamshell container)
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease a 12 opening muffin tin & set aside.
- Add applesauce, almond milk, vinegar, maple syrup, vinegar, and coconut oil to a medium sized bowl. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, & salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Add walnuts and whole unwashed raspberries to the batter and fold in. it's okay if the raspberries break apart a little bit. Do not over mix.
- Use an ice cream scooper or spoon to scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle sugar onto the muffin tops.
- Bake at 350º for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack or just eat warm with butter.
Courses breakfast, snacks, lightened up recipes, vegan